Maintenance Engineer based in Purfleet
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Engineer to join a strong engineering team to assist with maintaining, repairing and inspecting the Terminal equipment.
The maintenance workshop supports the engineering function in a busy and expanding Ro-Ro Shipping terminal on the North bank of the River Thames, which provides stevedoring facilities for the import/export of trailers and containers and new cars to and from the continent.
- To service, inspect, clean and repair all Terminal equipment including Tractor units, Reach Stackers, Forklifts, RTG’s and any other associated port equipment.
- To be flexible and dynamic in your work ethic and approach to meet demand.
- To produce high quality repairs to all equipment ensuring policy compliance, correct application of repair procedures and engineering principles.
- To embrace the development and introduction of policies and procedures to improve expenditure and efficiency of the engineering department.
- Liaise with Terminal Managers and Supervisors on the maintenance activities of equipment to minimise disturbance to operations.
- Deal with contractors, suppliers and customers.
- To uphold Health and safety standards directed by the Company, Manufacturers and Legislation.
- To highlight, take part in and conduct training based on competency for yourself and apprentices.
- Undertake other tasks within your remit as required by the Engineering Management team.
- Qualified to minimum City & Guilds Level 3 in an Engineering practice or equivalent in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair or have equivalent experience of working on a Port Terminal.
- Desirable to have 10 years post apprenticeship experience.
- Ideally, will hold a formal H&S Qualification and/or be aware of RA’s and their necessity.
- IT literate on multiple platforms including Microsoft Office and/or relevant equipment maintenance software.
- Holds a Full UK Driving Licence.
- Possess strong problem solving and fault diagnosis skills.
- Have good knowledge of diesel engines, transmission and electronics systems.
- Committed with an excellence work ethic.
In return we offer an attractive salary with a benefit package.
If you are interested in applying to for this position please send your up-to-date CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: Monday 31st January, 2022
Interview Date: TBA